Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 3 and 4

The last two days without television. Honestly, I haven't thought it about it too much.

Day 3
Yesterday, I came home and Adam was waiting on me. We ate a light dinner of cereal (I can't be the only one who ends up eating cereal for dinner every now and then) and then took off to run. He surprised me and took me to Sweetwater State Park. It was AWESOME! It was the perfect temperature, perfect ipod playlist, perfect scenery, and the perfect hubby - the run was a total rush!! Then we came home and spent some much needed one-on-one time. Usually, the t.v. gets turned on and we are both A.D.D - so it is a distractor, I am sure. But Adam knew about me shutting off the t.v., so it didn't get turned on. And it definitely kept the attention where it should have been...

Day 4
I came home today and was starved. I went straight to the kitchen and made us all some yummy pasta. At the time, I was the only one at home, so the habit is to take my bowl in front of my television in my room and relax, eat, and watch the t.v...

I resisted - I think it is more a habit than anything. I ate and then decided to take a nap which ended up lasting 2 hours!! As soon as I finish blogging how it is going, I will still have a couple of hours before I go to bed. I will probably putz around the house and then read. I always wondered why I didn't have time to read and why I couldn't get anything done at home....yep - my t.v. show addiction. It is like a big pacifier.

The main thing I am contemplating now is whether the 4 hours of television I spent every night was a bad thing or a good thing. Is it harmful for me to watch that much tv? Do I need that time to relax? Will I feel better or be better from not watching television? And if it doesn't matter, why make myself resist? Those are the things I wonder.... I think it is always good to step back from things in your life - things that could or could not change and make a decision for yourself...

So that is where I stand. Taking a break from my addiction (that part I have decided it clear- I am addicted) - going cold turkey. Seeing what life is without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment